Valentine’s Day is all around us. The hearts, chocolates, flowers, balloons, cards, and on and on. For those of us in healthy, loving relationships, this is a fun time of year to celebrate the romantic love we enjoy.
For many of us, however, it is a season of loss, disappointment, and loneliness. Just walking into a store, filled with pink and red reminders, can send us “over the edge” and make us want to turn on our heel and leave the store.
Scrolling through our FACEBOOK postings can just be torture, as we see how everyone else seems to be happily married or in love. Their life may be a “bed of roses”, but ours feels like a bed of thorns.
If you are having a difficult time with Valentines Day, here are some suggestions to maybe make it a little better.
1) Ignore it
2) Take a friend on a fun road trip
3) Go to a movie (not a romantic one!)
4) Take your kids out bowling or roller skating
5) get a bunch of friends together and do something fun. (Don’t go to a romantic restaurant)
6) Write letters to some of your loved ones
7) Visit a nursing home, animal shelter, homeless shelter, etc. and share God’s love
8) Have a spontaneous party at your house and have everyone bring some finger food. Play games, watch a funny movie,etc.
Above all, remember that the love we may miss here on earth is immensely inferior to the love the Lord Jesus Christ has for us. His love is unconditional, fulfilling, all-encompassing, fully accepting and not performance based. His love is forgiving, which is something missing in human love. Most of all, God’s love is for YOU, so, Happy Valentines, in the name of Jesus!
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son…”
#chainednomore. #godslove #best #love